Exclusive. Efficient. Affordable.

Authority Packages

Designed to uplift your business

authority Packages

Select the best package for your company's needs!


This package is the standard package for motor carrier authority holders operating commercial motor vehicles that are under 26,000 lbs in gross weight. 


For those who already have their business registration (LLC, EIN, and DUNS). Allow our experts to manage the paperwork and logistics of getting your new driver started. Includes: DOT, UCR, BOC-3


Includes all documentation and requirements per FMCSA and DOT regulations and will make you fully compliant as a motor carrier.


For those who already have their business registration (LLC, EIN, and DUNS). Allow our experts to manage the paperwork and logistics of getting your new driver started. Includes: DOT, UCR, BOC-3


Our professional staff can readily process your company’s USDOT number, if you meet the below shown conditions specified in the Federal Law: Companies that operate commercial vehicles transporting passengers or hauling cargo in interstate commerce must be registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and must have a USDOT Number. Also, commercial intrastate hazardous materials carriers who haul quantities requiring a safety permit must register for a USDOT Number. The following Transportation entities require a USDOT number: Has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight rating, or gross vehicle weight or gross combination weight, of 4,536 kilograms (10,001 pounds) or more, whichever is greater; or Is designed or used to transport more than eight (8) passengers (including the driver) for compensation; or Is designed or used to transport more than fifteen (15) passengers, including the driver, and is not used to transport passengers for compensation; or Is used in transporting materials found by the Secretary of Transportation to be hazardous and transported in a quantity requiring placarding. AND is involved in Interstate commerce, in trade traffic, or transportation in the United States: Between a place in a State and a place outside of such State (including a place outside of the United States); Between two (2) places in a State through another State or a place outside of the United States; or Between two (2) places in a State as part of trade, traffic, or transportation originating or terminating outside the State or the United States.

The FMCSA requires Interstate Operating Authority (MC number), in addition to a DOT number, for any commercial motor vehicle that: Operate as for-hire carriers (for a fee or other compensation) Transport passengers in interstate commerce Transport federally-regulated commodities or arranging for their transport, in interstate commerce

JSS Logistics team can process and obtain your BOC-3 Federal Filing within 24 hours from the time of your request; this filing is required for the FMCSA to issue your Interstate Operating Authority (MC number). A BOC-3 is a United States federal filing that designates legal agents upon which process may be served. It pertains mostly to individuals or companies in the transportation and logistics industry, and it is often required before certain federal operating authorities can be granted within the United States. BOC stands for “blanket of coverage” and it typically assigns a person or business in each of the 50 US states to receive and forward legal documents.

Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) JSS Logistics can process your UCR Registration as well as submit your annual UCR Filings to be in compliance with the participant States that require it. The UCR Agreement applies to the following motor carriers: Property for hire carriers in interstate commerce Passenger carrier in interstate commerce Private carrier in interstate commerce The UCR is not required to travel within the following States: 

New Jersey


New Mexico imposes a weight-distance tax on owners, operators, and registrants of intra and interstate commercial motor vehicles with a declared gross vehicle weight in excess of 26,000 pounds. This tax is based on vehicle weight and miles traveled on New Mexico highways and roads, and companies must register and apply each year for a New Mexico Weight Distance Tax Electronic Permit for each vehicle operated; these companies must file a New Mexico Weight Distance Tax return on a quarterly basis, and pay the tax due to the MVD. We will file your quarterly return on a timely basis to maintain your company within compliance, as prescribed by the State of New Mexico.

At JSS Logistics,  we will setup your New York HUT account, you must comply with the quarterly reports that is to be submitted to the state, service that we are able to perform on behalf of our clients. The New York HUT Permit is mandatory for carriers operating on public roads in the state of New York with a Gross Vehicle Weight of more than 18,000 pounds.

KYU (Kentucky Highway Use Tax) is a weight-distance tax based on the mileage traveled by a motor vehicle to or through the State of Kentucky. This permit is required if your commercial vehicle travels through the State of Kentucky and its gross weight is 60,000 pounds or above. As soon as your KYU license is issued, the corresponding company must file quarterly reports. 

What is a Driver Qualification File

Driver Qualification Files (DQF)

Basically, a driver qualification file is a comprehensive file compiling the full historical employment, safety and certification history of each driver you employ. It’s required by the FMCSA to maintain operating authority. Even if you are an owner-operator (and thus the only employee of your company) you need to maintain a driver qualification file on yourself. All driver qualification files for your trucking company need to be easily available if and when requested by an agent operating under the authority of the FMCSA, which itself operates under the authority of the Department of Transportation (DOT). You need to maintain a driver qualification file for each year you employ a driver, and for three years following the end of their employment. When a driver has been with you for less than three years, you’ll need records from prior employers.

At JSS Logistics we assure that all the required documentation, as prescribed in 49 CFR PART 391 – Qualification of Drivers,

You can count on us when you need us!

Request a Call Back

Make an Appointment

for any inquiry

Contact Form (Updated)